Peter was a pioneer in the Client Issue Management project based on MS Dynamics that we initiated mid 2008. He has progressed from the role of the lead IT Consultant leading a team of about 4-6 from Fujitsu Services to eventually taking on the overall Project Management of the project. The project is one of the most successful projects at the Bank which reached a user base of 3000 users in just over a year. He had liaised with both the IT technologists at the Bank from different areas as well as the varied user groups. A truly consummate professional.
CRM 2016 Certification Bootcamp
Most of our courses are available on a one-company basis and can usually be customised to your specific needs. Please contact us for more information.
Is this the right course for you?
This course takes an accelerated approach to covering all the major aspects of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, including utilising CRM's Sales, Services and Marketing applications, managing and customising the CRM system to meet specific business requirements, creating and importing automated processes including Workflows and Business Rules.
When is this course most useful?
This course is most useful during these Sure Step phases:
This course is intended for individuals that plan to implement, use, maintain, or support Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 in their organization. The training is intended any individuals focused on utilising CRM, including sales representatives, customer service representatives, service schedulers, administrators, office managers, CEOs, and consultants who want to gain a full and complete knowledge of CRM's adaptability and functionality for specific and general business requirements
Course overviewPrint this overview
Part 1 - CRM Applications Details (2 DAYS)
Module 1: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Concepts
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM clients
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM records
- Application navigation
Module 2: Working with the Application
- Customer records
- Personal options
Module 3: Introduction to Sales Management
- Customer Scenarios
- Basic Record Types
Module 4: Lead Management
- Lead to Opportunity Process Form and Process Ribbon
- Convert Activity Records to Leads
- Qualifying and Disqualifying Leads
- Create, Maintain, and Use Sales Literature
- Create, Maintain, and Use Competitors
Lab: Create and Disqualify a Lead
Module 5: Working with Opportunity Records
- Create Opportunities and Work with Opportunity Form
- Changing Opportunity Status
Lab: Managing Sales Opportunities
- Create, work with, close, and reopen Opportunity records.
- Describe the different statuses of an opportunity.
- Use the assign functionality in Microsoft Dynamics to assign opportunities to other users.
- Manage opportunities from system views.
Module 6: Working with the Product Catalog
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Catalog
- Unit Groups
- Adding and Maintaining Products
- Creating, Maintaining and Using Price Lists
- Currency Management
- Creating a Price List
Lab: Managing the Product Catalog
- Create Currency
- Create a Unit Group associated with the Currency
- Create a Product
- Create a Price List and Price List Item Tied to the Currency
Module 7: Sales Order Processing
- Adding Line Items (Opportunity Products) to Opportunities
- Quote Management
- Working with Orders
- Working with Invoices
Lab: Sales Order Process
Module 8: Metrics and Goals
- Configuring Goal Metrics
- Configuring Fiscal Periods
- Creating and Assigning Goal Records
- Creating and Recalculating Parent and Child Goal Records
- Creating a Rollup Query
Lab : Goal Management for Individuals
- Implement a Goal Metric
Module 9: Sales Analysis
- Running Built-in Reports
- Exporting Sales Information to Excel
- Working with Charts and Dashboards
- Working with System Charts from the Opportunity List
- Working with Dashboards
- Create a New Dashboard in the Workplace
- Sharing DASHBOARDS, Charts and Advanced Find Queries
Lab: Create a New Personal, Sales Dashboard
- Create an advanced find query
- Create a chart.
- Create a dashboard, and add the advanced find query and chart to it.
- Share the dashboard.
Module 10: Introduction to Services Management
- Customer Scenarios
- Customer Service Entities and Record Types
Module 11: Cases
- Creating Case Records
- Understanding the Process Ribbon and Menu Options
- Case Resolution, Canceling and Deleting
- Assigning Case Records
- Other Actions on Cases From Forms and Views
- Working with the Subject Tree
- Working with the Case List and Views
Lab: Case Resolution Processing
- Create a case
- Associate a phone call with the case
- Resolve the case
Module 12: Knowledge Base
- Article Templates
- Creating, Approving and Publishing Articles
- Using and Searching the Knowledge Base
- Cases and Knowledge Base Articles
- Sending Knowledge Base Articles
Lab: Managing Knowledge Base Articles
- Create, Submit, and Publish a Knowledge Base Article.
Module 13: Queue Management
- Queue Management
Lab: Create and Manage Queues
- Create a New Public Queue for Incoming Questions
Module 14: Contracts
- Contracts and Contract Templates
- Creating and Working with Contracts
- Using Contracts with Cases
Lab: Resolving a Case with a Contract
- Create a Contract Template
- Create a Contract using a Contract Template
- Open a case and associate a contract
- Create and Close an Appointment Activity a With the Case
- Resolve the Case
Module 15: Analysis, Reports and Goals
- Customer Service Reports
- Customer Service Charts and Dashboards
- Customer Service Goals and Metrics
Lab : Goals and Goal Metrics
- Modify a Goal Metric to Include in-Progress Cases
Module 16: Service Scheduling
- Service Scheduling Scenarios
- Service Scheduling Terminology
- Service Scheduling Process
- Resources, Services and Selection Rules
- Include Customer Preferences
- Understand Sites and Same-Site Requirements
- Manage Business Closures
- Explain the Service Activity Scheduling Engine
- Working with Service Activities and the Service Calendar
- Close, Cancel, or Reschedule a Service Activity
Lab: Schedule a Service by Using a Same-Site Requirement
- Create a Service Activity based on a Same-Site Requirement Service.
Module 17: NEW IN CRM 2016 SALES AND MARKETING
- Use of pre-formatted Excel templates to quickly create Excel documents directly from CRM
- One click easy generation of documents from CRM using role based pre-defined Word templates
- SMS marketing including inbound and outbound campaigns
- Next generation Cortana integration for sales teams
- Interactive generation of HTML in emails
- New CRM app for Outlook included expand support to include Firefox, Safari for Mac and Outlook for Mac
Module 18: NEW IN CRM 2016 SERVICES!
- New interactive service hub dashboards and forms help you prioritize workloads
- Use of pre-formatted Excel templates to quickly create Excel documents directly from CRM.
- One click easy generation of documents from CRM using role based pre-defined Word templates.
- Next generation Cortana integration for service teams.
- Interactive generation of HTML in emails.
Part 2 - Customisations and Configurations (3 days)
Module 1: Introduction to Customising Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016
Customisation or Development? Introduction or Entity Customisation.
Lab: Create a Solution and publisher
Module 2: Building a Security Model in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016
Introduction to Business Units. Overview of Security Roles. User Management Overview. Team Management Overview, Teams and Sharing. Manage Security Roles for Users and Teams.
Lab: Configure Security Roles
Lab: Configure User Access
Module 3: Customizing Entities
Entity Customization Concepts. Create a Custom Entity. Additional Entity Properties. Modifying the Configuration of an Entity.
Lab : Create Custom Entities
Lab : Create a Custom Activity Entity
Module 4: Customizing Fields
Field Data Types. Field Display Formats. Field Properties. Customise Existing Fields. Configure Option Sets. Status and Status Reason Fields. Delete Fields.
Lab: Create and Modify a Global Option Set
Module 5: Managing Relationships
Types of Entity Relationships Create Entity Relationships1:N Relationship BehaviorField Mappings in 1:N RelationshipsConnections and Connection Roles.
Lab : Create New Relationships Lab : Customize Relationship Mappings
Module 6: Customising Forms
Form Customisation Overview. Create and Modify Forms. Quick Create and Quick View Forms. Manage Multiple Forms. Mobile Clients.
Lab : Modify Form Layout and Add Fields Lab : Create a Role-Based Form for the Competitor entity.
Module 7: Configuring Business Rules
Configure Business Rules
Lab : Create a Business Rule
Module 8: Customising Views
View Customisation Concepts. System Views. Create Custom Views. Remove Unwanted Views.
Lab : Modify a Quick Find View
Lab : Create Custom Views
Module 9: Customising Charts and Dashboards
Create and Modify Charts. Export and Import Charts. Create and Modify Dashboards.
Lab : Create a Custom Chart
Lab : Create a Dashboard
Module 10: Additional Security Options
Field Security. Access Team Templates. Auditing Overview
Lab : Configure Field Security
Lab : Create and Configure an Access Team Template
Module 11: Business Process Flows
Business Process Flows
Lab : Create a Multi-Entity Business Process Flow
Module 12: NEW IN CRM 2016 CUSTOMISATION!
- Next generation search to make Search simpler, and faster!
- Document management improvements.
- Solution enhancements.
- Interactive Service Hub including Multi-stream and Single-stream Dashboards.
- External Party Access enhancements to the CRM API and SDK.
- App-to-app deep linking.
- Web Resources and IFRAME enhancements.
- Data Performance Dashboard optimization recommendations.
- Bulk Data Loader for CRM Online including recurring data import/export.
- Modern web API enhancements including open industry standard OData v4.